IamTheNinjaGaijin

IamTheNinjaGaijin

Monday 27 April 2015

Experience with Gaba corporation - Part 4

Konnichiwa peeps

Ninja Gaijin here with the exciting conclusion of the Gaba Saga.
No more Gaba posts.....until I start working there......I promise

Click here for Part 1Part 2Part 3

11 working days later (They said ten...hmm...I was beginning to wonder about Japanese efficiency) I got the "Good news everyone" (Futurama anyone?) email.

They thanked me for all my hard work (Aw, shucks) I had put into the application process.
It included files outlining the Pre-arrival preparations, the documents required for the visa application, accommodation stuff and other stuff.

I had to go through the lot and reply stating that I understood everything and that I would take the job.....which I did...after reading of course...What if they had asked for my soul?
READ EVERYTHING. EVERY TIME. And clarify if required. It will save you a lot of hassle in the future.

So I got photocopies done of my passport and ten other things they had asked me to send. I've to write a letter to the Japanese immigration bureau detailing why I want to work in Japan, and also to Gaba confirming that I would not cause any problems etc.

Another word of advice, send it via registered post....so that you can track it. Unfortunately no emails.

It was delivered in a week and they confirmed it. I recently got an email stating that everything was in order and they sent the lot to the Japanese immigration bureau and that it will take 2-6 weeks for them to issue my Certificate of Eligibility, which I would have to take to the Japanese embassy and receive my Visa.

They gave me the option to select between 6 teaching centres....sadly none of it in Tokyo. But it's kinda good 'coz some of it is near residential areas and if i can find a house nearby....I can save both time and transportation costs.

More about that in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment